Intelledox takes your privacy seriously
You have come through to this page from a website which is owned and operated by Intelledox Pty Ltd. In this policy, “us”, “we” or “our” means Intelledox Pty Ltd.
This policy sets out:
- what is considered personal information;
- what personal information we collect and hold;
- how and why we collect, hold, use or disclose personal information;
- direct marketing materials;
- how to seek access to and correct your personal information;
- how to make a complaint if you believe your privacy has been breached;
- whether we disclose personal information outside Australia; and
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We may, from time to time, review and update this policy, including taking account of new or amended laws, new technology and/or changes to our operations. All personal information held by us will be governed by the most recently updated policy. Your privacy matters to us, so whether you are new to Intelledox or are a long-time customer, please take the time to get to know our practices. By using the Intelledox website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What is considered personal information
When used in this policy, the term “personal information” has the meaning given to it in the Act. In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial information, including your credit card, direct debit or PayPal account information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What personal information we collect and hold
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- age or birth date;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website or online presence through our representatives or otherwise;
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
Intelledox also automatically collects information about your computer hardware and software. This may include: IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Intelledox for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Intelledox website.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through Intelledox public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others. Note: Intelledox does not read any of your private online communications.
Intelledox is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Intelledox family of websites.
How we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services;
- to communicate with you including by email, mail or telephone;
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- to personalise and customise your experience;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our websites;
- to conduct competitions or promotions on behalf of Intelledox and selected third parties;
- to verify your identity;
- to provide as part of business data to third parties if you have authorised us to do so;
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business;
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers;
- to provide your updated personal information to us, our contractors or external service providers;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Intelledox does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Intelledox may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Intelledox may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Intelledox, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Intelledox does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
Intelledox keeps track of the pages our customers visit within Intelledox, in order to determine what Intelledox services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Intelledox to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Intelledox will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Intelledox or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Intelledox; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Intelledox, or the public.
How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, contractors or external service providers for the operation of our websites or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and otherwise provide products and services to you, including without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary; as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
We may also collect anonymous data (which is not personal information) relating to your activity on our websites (including IP addresses) via cookies, or we may collect information from you in response to a survey. We generally use this information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. To the extent this information does not constitute personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else, the Australian Privacy Principles do not apply and we may use this information for any purpose and by any means whatsoever.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Intelledox services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your personal information
Intelledox secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Intelledox secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
In addition, at any time, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (details below) or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link. We will then ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
If you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us using the details provided below.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you. We will not charge for simply making a request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information. If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How you can complain about a breach of privacy
We have a formal procedure for investigating and dealing with privacy breaches. Once Intelledox receives a complaint, whether it is in writing or verbal means, we will commence an investigation with the relevant business unit from which the alleged breach stemmed. The investigator will endeavour to determine the nature of the breach and how it occurred. We may contact you during the process to seek any further clarification if necessary. If a breach is found, we will escalate the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. An Intelledox representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please contact Intelledox at:
Intelledox Pty Ltd
8 Wiluna Street Fyshwick ACT 2609
Tel: +61 (0) 2 6280 6244
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information to external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- Data hosting and Cloud-based IT service providers
- Other external service providers located overseas
Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website. Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.